A couple of months ago I made a vow to myself to work harder, and to be stronger. It scared me to think that one day I could be 55 saying I knew what I had to do, but I just didn’t do it. Lately I have been thinking of more ways I can invest in myself in order to make more money and be a better person. I thought I would share with you guys some ways I have been investing in myself the last couple of months.
“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”
— Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist
1. Start to dream more, and trying different things.
2. Stay focused on whats important.
3. Face your problems head on.
4. Take determined risk.
5. Write down your goals.
6. Invest in your health.
7. Avoid people who want to waste your time.
8. Work smarter, not harder.
9. Read more. (books, articles)
10. Don’t say yes when you really want to say no.
11. Avoid negative people.
12. Listen to what you want to do, and don’t let others convince you of what you want to do.
14. Quality over Quantity.
15. Wake up early.
16. Don’t worry to much about money, throw it all into a project if thats really where your heart is.
17. Build meaningful relationships.
18. Find something you believe in, and then fight for it.
19. Speak up.
20. Look people in the eye.
21. Be confident.
22. Know your worth.
23. Do something productive everyday.
24. Learn a new skill.
26. Change your perspective.
27. If a opportunity doesn’t present it self, create your own.
28. Give up the tendency to procrastinate.
29. Trust the process.
30. Don’t try to please others.
31. Don’t fear change.
32. Make mistakes.
34. Make your bed.
35. Trust your gut.
36. Let things go.
37. Express gratitude.
38. Don’t use the past as a safety net.
39. Always be in the moment.
40. Invest in a good luggage.
41. Take blame. Give credit.
42. Admit when you’re wrong.
43. Admit when you’re hurting.
44. Know how to keep a conversation going.
45. Ask questions.
46. You are what you do, not what you say.
47. Don’t compare yourself to others. (Be inspired)
48. Never take your eyes off your prize, (what ever that may be) for a men/women.
49. Learn another language.
51. Don’t skip breakfast
52. Set boundaries.
53. Invest in your education.
54. Drink water.
56. Reflect daily. 10 minutes of reflection at the end of each day. Ask yourself “what can I do better tomorrow?”
57. Learn how to be alone, and enjoy it.
58. Have the courage to be the person you never thought you could be.
59. Be Kind to yourself.
60. Never, ever, ever give up on yourself.
How do you invest in yourself?