30 Lifestyle Changes to Live a Healthy, Happy Life
Oftentimes we focus on the bigger lifestyle changes, and neglect to see that it is the smaller lifestyle changes that can change or perspective on life. All it takes is one small change in your daily routine to bring more joy into your life. I wanted to share with you 30 lifestyle changes you can make to live a happier, healthy life. A long list of 30 things may seem overwhelming, but just start with one, and make your way down the list. In no time you will be on your way to a happier life.
1. Sneak in something green in every meal, if not every meal at least one.
2. Laugh often, and hard. You can never underestimate what a good laugh will do on a gloomy day.
3. Be honest with your intentions. You can fool everyone, but when it is just you at the end of the night you can’t fool yourself.
4. Create a habit that you look forward to every day.
5. Spend more time in nature. Go on a hike. Take a walk in the park.
6. Practice mindfulness. The act of being in the moment. Stop waiting for Friday.
7. Eat more slowly. Seriously enjoy your food.
8. Stretch, meditate, or pray in the morning, even if it is just for 10 minutes. It will set the tone for a good day.
9. Make your bed each morning. I promise it makes you feel like you have your life together.
10. Try not to skip breakfast. Come lunch time you will be famished you will be more likely to binge on something unhealthy. You will have low energy the rest of the day, and just feel blah. It doesn’t have to be a big breakfast it can be something small, but powerful such as a smoothie or granola with fruit.
11. Try to make plans to spend time with a love one, at least once a week.
12. End each day with gratitude, write down a gratitude list. This is how I write my gratitude list Gratitude list.
13. Do not step on your feet trying to find a rhythm you are not meant to follow.
14. Admit that multitasking makes you less effective and make sure to not participate in it if the work is important.
15. Drink more water. If drinking water is hard for you, try drinking a glass of water for every “bad” thing you drink.
16. Don’t dwell on the past, constantly be moving forward. Nothing was ever as good as you remember, nostalgia is a liar.
17.Let go of the need to be perfect.
18. Be kind to all people
19. Drink herbal or green tea.
20. Take Omega-3. Omega-3 helps to alleviate anxiety, and depression.
21. Pay attention to the moments you feel at your happiest, recreate and repeat those moment as often as possible.
22. Clean sheets make for a clean mind. Don’t forget to wash your sheets, comforter, and pillowcases.
23. Rest when things get too hard don’t quit.
24. Get yourself some essential oils, they have multiple uses one of them is that they help you to relax.
26. Passionately work towards your goals, and make new ones. Start holding yourself accountable.
27. Whether it’s a book or an article. Read more. Read things that interest you. Educate yourself.
28. Eat more fruits, and almonds. They do wonders for your hair.
29. Take care of your body. Get some exercise. Get your nails done.
30. Love yourself.
What are some healthy lifestyle changes you are taking into the New Year?