Income Report: How I Earned 3,126 Blogging in July
Welcome to my July 2017 blog income and traffic report! In this post, I will explain how I was able to make over $3,000 with only 10k page views. There are two big reasons I have decided to share my income report; I want to be able to document the growth of my blog. I want people to see that it is possible to make money from their blogs and ultimately create a better life with the money they earn from blogging. There are so many reasons I love blogging here are just a few: Creative outlet, friendship & blogging community, and side hustle & passive income.
Also, if you’re not yet a blogger, I hope my income and traffic report, will inspire you build up the courage to start your own profitable blog. You will definitely learn while you go, so don’t be intimidated by other experienced bloggers. If you have any further questions comment them down below or feel free to email me.
This post contains affiliate links to help keep this blog running
Top Post in July
- A Exciting Announcement + The Best Resources and Tools for Bloggers (1,500 views)
- Over 50+ Networks to Join for Paid Blogging Opportunities (1,323 views)
- How to Get Sponsored Post Opportunities for Your Blog (2,500 views)
- How I Got My First 200 Email Subscribers (3,213 views)
- Over 50+ Ways to Promote Your Blog Post After Clicking Publish (1,990 views)
Total Page Views in July: 10,526
What I accomplished in July
- I created and designed my first ever eBook, I am still so very excited about my first ever eBook: How to create a irresistible brand and make a income from you blog, I spent weeks working on this course to get it just perfect for you guys. This course is designed to help you create a irresistible brand and make a passive income from you blog. If you are still looking for guidance on how to make money from your blog consider purchasing my eBook here!
- I begin to offer services here on my blog! This was very scary to start up but I am very glad that I did. I started off small offering ad space for other bloggers, and added on more services such as coaching and virtual assistant. You can check them out here.
- I finally reached 200K monthly views on Pinterest! This has been my goal for quite some time, and I am very excited to finally see this number. I have also seen a huge spike in my referral traffic coming from Pinterest because of this number.
I have not been focusing on social media as much as I would like so I was surprised to see my social media following grow this month. I now have a combined following of 2,796!
Pinterest: 850 -> 1,002 Goal for August: 1,500
Facebook: 590 -> 628 Goal for August: 700
Twitter : 200 -> 262 Goal for August: 300
Instagram: 730 -> 800 Goal for August: 1,000
Bloglovin 87 followers -> 104 Goal for August: 200
My goal for August is to focus on Pinterest, and take the time to grow and post quality pictures on Instagram.
Income For July
Products and Services: $332
As stated above I created my first ever eBook, and launched my new services this month. I was very surprised by how well my eBook sold because I did not properly market it. In the first week I received three sells only after I announced my eBook, and shortly after that I received 20 more sells after promoting more on social media. I decided to price it at $10 in order to keep the price reasonable and affordable. In total I made $230 from my eBook this month. If you are interested in creating your own product look out for a post next month on how to create your very own product (steep by step) . I used SendOwl and I loved it because of how easy it was to sell my eBook. You can check my eBook out here.
I had the pleasure of working with and coaching two girls on their email subscription list. I helped them to create a great opt in and set up their first campaign. This coaching pack is a part of my services that I am now offering. In total I recieved $80 this month from coaching. I earned $22 from offering ads on my sidebar for other bloggers and small business.
Affiliate Referral Income
Formerly Affiliate Window, Awin is one of my favorite affiliate programs. Their program is very easy to use, and they work with a variety of brands worldwide including Etsy and Hyatt.They ask for a $5 deposit to sign up, but you receive that back in its entirety with your first payment! You can click here to sign up for Awin!
Linqia is an influencer marketing program that connects influencers to brands. Once you meet the requirements to join (e.g. 2,500+ social media followers or unique monthly visitors) they approve you to start working on campaigns.
A year ago I invested in my own self-hosted WordPress blog with the intention of making passive income. Do you want to start a money-making blog? Use this link to get a 60% discount on your first hosting plan!
Google AdSense: $460
Tailwind: $54 referral credit
Total Income: 3,126.04
Hosting through Siteground: $0.00 (prepaid the $3.95 for this month)
Tailwind: $0.00 (pre-paid for an annual subscription)
Total Expenses: $15.00
Total Income (after expenses): $3,111.04
Goals for August
- Brain-storm, write, and create another product. Not sure what this product will be it might be a printable or course but my goal is to have it finished by the end of August.
- Rewrite and update high-performing posts. I have recently had a few post become more “popular” in the last few months. In August I want to update those post, rewrite them, and add relevant affiliate links.
- Send out more campaigns to my mailing list. Although this month alone my mailing list subscriptions grew tremendously I only sent out two campaigns all month. Next month I really want to try sending valuable content to my mailing list more frequently.
Related Blogging Posts
Check out these posts for other blogging tips and advice:
- How to Get Sponsored Post Opportuites for Your Blog
- Over 50+ Ways to Promote Your Blog Post After Clicking Publish
- 5 Investments to make for your blog if you plan to make a profit
So there it is my blogging income for the month of July. My favorite thing about blogging is the never ending learning experience. Starting a blog can be scary; When I first decided to start a blog, it was on a whim. I had no idea what I was doing or what I would write about. Now that I have been blogging for almost half a year I couldn’t be happier with the decision I made to start a lifestyle blog. As you can see blogging is an amazing way to make a passive income on the side.
Haven’t created a blog yet? What are you waiting for? Use this in depth guide to find out how; How to start a profitable blog in minutes. A year ago I invested in my own self-hosted WordPress blog with the intention of making passive income. Do you want to start a money-making blog? Use this link to get a 60% discount on your first hosting plan!
What are your goals for the upcoming month?
What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Do you have any questions about making money blogging? Comments below! Or, consider purchasing my eBook on how to create a brand and make money from it here.